Islamic State Pulls Down Church Crosses in Northern Iraq as 200,000 Flee
Posted by addisethiopia on August 7, 2014
My Note: Christians in the Middle East and Africa are being slaughtered, tortured, raped, kidnapped, beheaded, and forced to flee the birthplace of Christianity. One would think this horror might be consuming the pulpits and pews of global communities, medias and churches. Not so. The silence is deafening.«O God, do not keep quiet: let your lips be open and take no rest, O God. For see! those who make war on you are out of control; your haters are lifting up their heads. They have made wise designs against your people, talking together against those whom you keep in a secret place. They have said, Come, let us put an end to them as a nation; so that the name of Israel may go out of man’s memory.» [Psalm 83: 1-5] Islamic State jihadists who took over large areas of northern Iraq overnight have forced thousands of Christians to flee and occupied churches, removing crosses and destroying manuscripts, Chaldean Patriarch Louis Sako has said. “(The Christians) have fled with nothing but their clothes, some of them on foot, to reach the Kurdistan region,” Patriarch Sako told AFP. “This is a humanitarian disaster. The churches are occupied, their crosses were taken down,” said Sako. He added that up to 1,500 manuscripts were burnt. Source Selected Readers’ Comments:
- The Islamist militants are highly organized – they have a stencil to spray their evil message on the homes of the Christians as is plain in the photographs. Religious symbols have been desecrated, buildings placed out of use, manuscripts burned and people expelled with only the clothes they are wearing. This is Iraq’s Kristallnacht, and yet the story is low profile in the Christian West. Can nobody see where this is heading in terms of two religious communities where one cannot accept the presence of the other – and not just in countries far away?
- The deafening silence from the EU, Cameron, Obama, the Western Bishops and Bishop Tutu is overwhelming. Maybe Christians are unimportant to them. Maybe they are scared of Muslims. Maybe they are too busy supporting Hamas in their human shield policy. Whatever way, they will be held to account.
- Ethnic cleansing in Iraq, the west edging closer to war with Russia in Europe… What’s the top story on BBC News? Oscar bloody Pistorious.
- Where are all those outspoken Muslims sitting in our Houses of Parliament? I also notice that on this matter we are missing the voices of Trevor Phillips and Baroness Doreen Lawrence who are normally to the front on intollerance. This is pure genocide and not excessive retaliation as it is in Gaza.
- The anti-Semitic brigade and Islamic apologists should be loving this news. Can everyone please wake up……this will be on our doorstep soon and we are still blaming the Israelis for “indiscriminate” force!
- Any people question why Israel show such a strength of force? It sends a message to these fanatics, loud and clear
- Christians should really think whether we should turn the other cheek anymore. its one thing to ignore insults but these people are out to kill. where are the priests and pastors and popes that say enough is enough. time to launch another crusade!
- Can anyone imagine the thousands and thousands of pages, and endless hours of TV coverage had this been a Palestinian village overrun???
- Strangely the BBC have no reporters embedded with Isis, although they manage to have at least 200 in bed with Hamas
- ISRAEL. The Muslims in the UK are against you, the rest of us now completely understand why you have to bomb the crap out of them